Integrating People with Disabilities and Others with Access and Functional Needs before, during, and after a disaster.
The City of Los Angeles is committed to understanding and meeting the needs of the Whole Community before, during, and after a disaster.
As a Disaster Service Worker, you will be providing assistance to people in need and may encounter various individuals, including people with disabilities and others with access and functional needs.
The following resources are meant to provide you with some guidelines, videos, and tips to best interact and communicate with individuals from the Whole Community.
- Texas A & M University, Center on Disability and Development
- Mobile Guide: Mobile Tips for First Responders
- St. Petersburg College, Center for Public Safety Innovation
- Western University, Harris Family Center for Disability and Health Policy
- Disaster Resistant Communities Group